Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Head to Toe: Batten Down the Hatches.













































































O
n the subject of the Deck Jacket, a cold and blustery day calls for battening down the hatches. Hold fast. Spring off the starboard bow.

















































































































































































































































































































-Postalco No. 20124 lg. Notebook/ Parker Jotter/ Timex w/ NATO strap/ Secret Forts 'Average Luck Charm' Business Cards/ Case Sod Buster jr.
-J.Crew Mail Bag
-Watch Cap/ Mister Freedom Type N1-H "Troy" Deck Jacket/ J.Crew Alpaca Shawl Neck Sweater/ Engineered Garments 19th C. Chambray BD
-Vintage Cadet's Web Belt/ Old RL Jeans
-Good ole 875 Red Wings

18 comments:

Jedd Rose said...

Fabulous as always, hands down best game in the sphere.

Emil said...

When/for how much did you get that Mr. Freedom deck jacket? Can I have it?

james said...

Emil, undisclosed and no.

thwany said...

love the watch, such a classic.

TK said...

average luck charm-- priceless.

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy that belt? I really like the buckle design.

Brennan said...

Great post. Whose jeans are those? LVC?

PB said...

I happen to have one of those belts. I got it in a box of Army Reserve stuff from my uncle - so I assume it is US Army issue circa 1970s. This one is a Army/Navy surplus store find, I'll bet.

Martin said...

i adore the lining of that jacket :)

james said...

Jeans are old Ralph Lauren. And belt is an army/navy find. Found a small cache of them at a surplus store in Nashville. The buckle is what stood out to me too. Hadn't seen it before.

Ali said...

Whet did you get the pocket knife?

Zack said...

The Mister Freedom jacket is pretty killer... did you pay around full price? Worth the investment you think? Been having trouble pulling the trigger on a winter coat for a while, this might be my favorite I've seen.

james said...

zack, it is for sure an investment but one well worth it.
Certainly something you'll have for many years to come. It's a great weight for layering in winter and wearing unlayered in Fall.
I know how it can be to hesitate on something like this, but I've been super stoked on it and imagine that to be the case for some time to come.
thanks for stopping by Secret Forts and hope that helps in your decision.

James Jean said...

Those 875's are looking sooo sweet.... Can I have the Mr. Freedom jacket instead of Emil?

Anonymous said...

What size did you get on the Mister Freedom Jacket? Do they run true to size?

BH said...

James: where in Nashville did you find the belt?

james said...

BH, Friedman's Army/Navy on 21st Ave.

BH said...

James: thanks, I used to live about five minutes from there before I moved to NYC. Any other Nashville hot spots for when I visit?