Friday, October 1, 2010

The Fall Three: Kate Jones, Ursa Major.

I last ran into the talented Ms. Kate Jones while she was on her way to deliver some olive oil cake she had just made to La Colombe, who she does some baking for. I couldn't get olive oil cake off my brain for some time after that. But that's neither here nor there.
Quite simply, Kate's one of the most stylish women I know(proof; HERE). I've long admired her for her distinct singularity and effortlessness. In addition to being such a stylish lass, she's also the creator of the equally unique Ursa Major Collection, a line of jewelry she designs and is so very often wearing the hell out off. You can also check out the Ursa Major blog, the always inspiring Pointer Stars.
I'm stoked to have had such a great response from Kate and with great pleasure, I present the three things(maybe four) that have Kate Stoked for Fall.

1)The start of the Metropolitan Opera Season. I grew up with my dad taking me to the opera whenever he could, and listening to stories about amazing performances he's seen all over the world. Now that I live in NYC, I take full advantage. I'm planning on going to see Wagner's "The Ring", and Offenbach's "The Tales Of Hoffman" to start off with. It's ridiculously easy to see fantastic opera here. Go 30/45 min ahead and get the rush tickets- you'll get amazing seats for cheap.




2)A road trip in October with my very dear friend and fellow designer/co-conspirator, Henry Wilson (his design-oriented blog, http://thingscurated.blogspot.com) - We start in Nice, go up through the french countryside, and finish in Amsterdam, and it all happens with the help of his camper van, Herman (see photo attached).



3)And lastly, in terms of product- I'm stoked it's finally cool enough again to pull out my Patagonia fleeces- the retro fleeces never go out of style, but I have to buy kid's sizes in order to get the great color assortment, for whatever reason they only make women's in monochromatic colors these days. Men and kids have all the luck. But for something new the only things I'm craving thus far are the Supreme Blanket Camp Caps, and a fantastic Woolrich wool vest/coat by A Detacher who's done a great job of bringing the classic into the contemporary. I'm hoping I can trade her a ring for one :)






Super huge thanks to Kate for taking part.

No comments: