Friday, March 26, 2010

Summer Standards: Tretorn Canvas Nylites.

I've been called a heretic for making this statement, and although I still love me a pair of authentics, there's nothing wrong with a little variety. The Tretorn Canvas Nylite is a tennis shoe that, while it doesn't have the same scrappy pedigree as Vans, still holds classic status. (the rest of the line, eh...)"born in 1967, were soon regarded as the first luxury sports shoe. These canvas tennis shoes reigned supreme on courts around the world in the 1970s. Today‘s Nylite maintains the same timeless design." I'm calling it, summer standard. I'm hunting down a navy pair.


6 comments:

doane said...

It's a pair of Rod Lavers for me.

Unknown said...

I'm going with the rod laver and the vintage tennis classic as my summer standard.

james said...

the laver is undoubtedly classic. I'm just putting the Tretorn out there as a really respectable alternative.

JAWS said...

considering we both come from streetwear backgrounds, its hard to believe your shoe game is so wack. straight up jcpenny kicks.

james said...

duh dun...duh dun...duh dun.

Shawn Colley said...

Have both Laver and Nylite. Each has their day of the week. Nylite can look a little 'fem', but that is why I think it is valid, it creates that 'tension' with your clothing.