Thursday, March 18, 2010

Received: O'Shields-Ricker Canvas Bag.

I first encountered Jeff Ricker's bags at the wonderful NK Shop in LA. They're constructed from old military duffels and postal bags. Cotton webbing straps. Each one unique. As sturdy as they are handsome. I brought one back with me from LA (you might remember this post from last year). Well, I recently received a box from Jeff. He was kind enough to send me a sample of the new bunch of bags he's been busy making.
An RL alum, Jeff now lives in the mountains, a self-described "lake hermit", living the good life, making some really great bags under the name O'Shields-Ricker. The vibe, as Jeff explains it, is a sort of utilitarian mash up of Kapital meets 45 RPM meets hippie lake bum. In the coming weeks, O'Shields-Ricker will launch, what's been described as, a "very lo-fi" site through which the line will be available. If you'd like to get in touch about a bag or want to be notified when the site launches, email Jeff at oshieldsricker@gmail.com






2 comments:

Big Al said...

Great looking bag. Thank you for the info. I will definitely contact Jeff for some pieces.

Mr Ryan said...

I dig it!