Monday, November 8, 2010

The Fall Three: Carl Chiara, Levi Strauss & co.


I always consider it such a pleasure when I get the chance to catch up with Carl Chiara, director of brand concepts and special projects for Levi Strauss & Co. This past week, Carl was in town from San Francisco for Levis' SS'11 preview, held at the Levis Workshop in the former Deitch Projects space on Wooster. I met Carl at UNIONMADE opening day. We talked about our shared interests in furniture making and wood working as he hand made many of the fixtures in the shop. A Renaissance man, he's a good friend to Secret Forts, an always gracious and humble guy and this is Carl Chiara's Fall Three.

1)The Levi's X Filson oil cloth trucker....I am so excited about that jacket!


2)I am excited about fresh pair of jeans, something to start new with. I am thinking about the 1950's 501 or a 1960's 505...I want something new and a different shape, maybe even a zipper fly...


3)And Goat Rock Beach up here by the cabin. It is always grey and ominous and chilly and Buddy loves a long walk there.

Huge thanks to Carl for taking part. Photo via WSJ.

2 comments:

enzo the baker said...

would have loved another pick, plus the alliteration of 'the fall four' is irresistible.

do they make they're lvc and special project jeans in the usa?

not that it matters to me, they're the archetype whether production is in indonesia or indiana.

Anonymous said...

it should be the fall 10...i like to see how people live diferently through thier interests. 3 isnt enough...who doesnt like a fresh pair of 501's?